- Website: the website of UtrechtInc www.utrechtinc.nl.
- User: every user of the Website
- Personal Data: any information that (anonymised or personally) refers to a user and his or her behaviour. This data may have value on its own or in combination with other information available to us.
1. Personal Data and processing
In order to optimally perform our services it is necessary to process several Personal Data. During a User’s visit to our Website the IP address and user agent are gathered. With use of or application to, our services (for instance acceleration program, co-working, workshops, events or coaching) the name, e-mail address, phone number, job title, domain of work, business ideas, referring source and co-founders/partners may be inserted and saved in a secure cloud CRM system.
2. Purpose of data processing
The Personal Data of Users that is at our disposal, will be processed by UtrechtInc with one or more of the following purposes:
- Enabling communications;
- Providing standard products and services;
- Providing customer service/support;
- Providing relevant or custom made expertise/services to Users;
- Enabling logistic/financial conduct;
- Optimizing the technical infrastructure and user experience of the Website;
- Serving laws and regulations applicable to UtrechtInc.
3. Data provision to third parties
UtrechtInc does not, except by virtue of legal obligations, provide Personal Data of Users to third parties. An exception also applies to parties that are brought in or engaged for the purpose of optimal service provision. These partners may include: Logistic partners, Web Analytics Providers, E-mail Service Providers, CRM Software Providers, Payment Service Providers, HR/Community Service Providers, Marketing & Website consultants and Shareholders.
In case a User subscribes to our monthly newsletter (UtrechtInc Newsflash), UtrechtInc can inform the User of related products, services and/or activities that may be of interest to that User. If you object to this measure, you may contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail address of the User is only added to the subscribers list when the User has given explicit consent. Every newsletter contains a link which can be used to unsubscribe.
A cookie is small piece of data that is being saved in the browser by a web server. The user information that a cookie contains, enables the mapping of the interaction between the website and browser. An example may be determining authentication, registering clicking behaviour and analysing navigation within the website of UtrechtInc.
- Functional cookies: to remember preferences on the Website, such as language, design and tool settings.
- Anonymous analytics cookies: to collect statistical data about the Website. For instance, we analyze which pages perform well and which perform under average (based on technique and content), and how to optimize the structure, content and User experience. We utilize Google Analytics software provided by Google Inc. to execute the analytics.
- Marketing cookies: to gather information about the navigating behaviour of Users on this and other (social media) sites (managed by us). These may include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Vimeo, Meetup and Eventbrite. With this data we aim to offer Users the most relevant content at the right time, so it fits the best possible service provision.
6. Links to third party websites
On the Website of UtrechtInc several links to websites of third parties are embedded. When Users visit these websites, the privacy policies of the third parties are in force. We are not responsible for the manner in which third parties process the Personal Data of Users or utilize cookies.
7. Imagery on Website
On the Website of UtrechtInc we strive to offer Users, realistic, creative, and attractive content. Therefore we present copyright material, such as photos and videos, made on the location of UtrechtInc, or at other venues during events that are hosted by UtrechtInc. With reasonable effort, we try to get permission from the individuals who are part of any imagery that is (prominently) visible on our Website, or other (online) communication messages. If the individuals in question object to the use of this content for marketing purposes, they can notify us by e-mail: email@example.com.
We have installed appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data of Users of loss or wrongful processing, whereby, among other things, the state of the technique is carefully taken into account. This means UtrechtInc, in any case, uses the following measures:
- storage of the mentioned data in a secured database with encrypted passwords and secured back-ups;
- selective access to that database (only accessible for UtrechtInc employees to whom it is necessary in regard to their job position);
- access for employees via a personal account through a unique username and password;
- security of network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- a secured internal network;
- quick correction of errors in the Personal Data.
To our best effort, we have taken all necessary security measures. Nonetheless we want to emphasize that there are always risks involved in the processing of data via the internet, that are inherent to internet use in the social and public domain.
9. Review and correction of data
UtrechtInc offers Users the possibility to request, review and alter their Personal Data, or have it deleted from our database. These actions can be taken by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain Personal Data of our Users during a period of 24 months after the last visit of our website, the opening of an e-mail or newsletter, or any personal contact. This applies unless we are obligated, on the grounds of any legal determinations, to extend the retention period.
11. Applicable law